Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Samurai and Ninja in Japan

I have heard terrible thing that there are some people still thinks Ninjas and Samurais exist and live in Japan as well as we do. I am a guy born and raised in Japan, but never seen those people. In terms of this stereotype about my country, it is apparent that this is caused by media which is a movie in this case, and just a narrow mind. 

First of all, as everybody knows that Ninja and Samurai were significantly important aspects of Japanese history and culture. Even Japanese people love to watch Samurai movie still. But what if Samurai was just walking down street in front of your house, what if Ninja was jumping from the roof to roof? That just sounds ridiculous, but this is what some people in other countries thinks and expects Japan to be.
When I have heard of this stereotype about my country, I felt that we should proud of this because people from other countries have interest in my country, though it is totally wrong way. On the other hand, I thought that they think we Japanese are still on that level which is about 200 years ago.
For some narrow minded or ignorant people, the media can be too much influence. Even thought the media does not mention that Samurai and Ninja do not exist in Japan since it cannot be happened, people with narrow mind from different country can believe that they exist still. The power of the media is amazingly strong and, makes the impossible possible.








No comments:

Post a Comment